At our core, Once Again Home Co. is a sustainable home textile company. Making earth-friendly products is in our DNA. This is where we started, and it’s how we’ll continue as we grow.
But as life unfolds, we’re often forced to reconsider, refocus, and reprioritize. This was the case as the pandemic hit in 2020 – causing us to broaden our view to include not only sustainability, but also home wellness and global health.
We asked the question, “What will our products do to enhance customers’ lives?” For us, the answer translates to these core commitments:
- Using sustainable measures during production.
- Offering products that truly work.
- Sparking joy (yes, we said it!) every day in our customers’ homes.
From our view as an experienced player in the home textiles market, it’s only been in the last few years that new production methods arrived on the scene – different ways to manufacture fabrics that can truly make a positive impact in our global future. This is exciting!
Neatnik or not, you undoubtedly became hyper-focused on keeping an ultra-clean house over the last year. We all did. Have you felt a bit guilty about the amount of paper towels you’ve been using? Consider these crazy (but true) paper towel facts:
- To make one ton of paper towels, 17 trees are cut down and 20,000 gallons of water are polluted.
- In the U.S., we currently use more than 13 billion pounds of paper towels each year, and that number is growing steadily. This equates to more than 3,000 tons of annual paper towel waste. Across the globe, discarded paper towels amount to 254 million tons each year.
- As many as 51,000 trees per day are required to replace the number of paper towels that are discarded every day.
- If every household in the U.S. used just one less 70-sheet roll of paper towels, 544,000 trees could be saved each year. If we individually committed to using three less rolls per household per year, we could collectively save 120,000 tons of waste and $4.1 million in landfill dumping fees.
Once Again Home Co. has a solution to address these staggering waste numbers. Our textiles are made in a certified sustainable manufacturing process. Each towel, counter cleaner, and napkin can be used many times each day, absorbing over five times (5x) its weight in water, drying quickly to stay fresh, and working on hard-to- clean areas without tearing.
In addition to our sustainable underpinning, we produce a line of cleaning, kitchen, bath, and beach products that work wonders but also look amazing. While many people spend lots of time and dollars adding decorative textiles in other areas of the home, kitchen towels are often overlooked and dominated by drab, utilitarian designs. Once Again Home Co. offers an attractive alternative with a selection of modern, bright, and happy patterns. Why shouldn’t you have a smile while cleaning up your kitchen counters?
Long story, short: we realized that what seemed like initially lofty goals – sustainability, home wellness and global health – were actually achievable. We can make a difference, and you can, too!