Once Again Home, from home textiles professional Kerry Farris, sells super absorbent, quick dry towels and other home decor made from recycled bottles.
Shop and support Once Again Home at the Chicago Artisan Market in Fulton Market on Sun, July 18, 2021 at Morgan MFG (401 N. Morgan St., Chicago). Discover 100 top Chicago and Midwest artisans in food, fashion, home goods + art.
At Once Again Home, the textiles are made in a certified sustainable manufacturing process. Each towel, counter cleaner, and napkin can be used many times each day, absorbing over five times its weight in water! The textiles dry quickly to stay fresh, and work on hard-to-clean areas without tearing.
The collection includes:
• Ultra Absorbent Counter Cleaners – Whatever spaces, drips, scraps or messes come your way, these are ready to rescue the day. A chemical-free way to wipe away 99% of kitchen bacteria. Durable for over 300 washes, these 13″ x 13″ towels are made using a recycled bottle.
• Everyday Reusable Napkins – Soft to the touch and generously sized, the good habit napkin is the perfect eating companion. They are made from high-performing fabric, so you can count on super absorbency, meal after meal and wash after wash. Each 18″ x 18″ napkin is made using two recycled bottles.
• Quick Dry Hand Towel – This hand towel absorbs five times its weight in water and comes in patters and colors that will add a bit of art to your bathroom. This sustainable produced 18″ x 30″ oversized towel is stays fresh and uses 2.5 recycles plastic bottles in its creation.
• Sand Free Beach Towel – Super-absorbent and rolling up tight to easily fit into your bag, this reversible beach towel and blanket exceeds expectations. Its super-fast drying time blows away the cotton competitors with its secret lying in the high-performing fabric. Each 32″ x 60″ beach towel is made with 20 recycled bottles and the 50″ x 60″ size is made with 25 recycled bottles.
Once Again Home offers a selection of modern, bright, and happy patterns in their home textiles line. What seemed like lofty goals initially – sustainability, home wellness and global health – were actually achievable. Once Again Home can make a difference, and you can too. They are Global Recycled Standard certified and Oeko-Tex certified.
Consider these crazy (but true) paper towel facts:
• To make one ton of paper towels, 17 trees are cut down and 20,000 gallons of water are polluted.
• In the U.S., we currently use more than 13 billion pounds of paper towels each year and that number is growing. This equates to more than 3,000 tons of annual paper towel waste. Across the globe, discarded paper towels amount to 254 million tons each year.
• A many as 51,000 trees per day are required to replace the number of paper towels that are discarded every day.
• If every household in the U.S. used just one less 70-sheet roll of paper towels, 544,000 trees could be saved each year. If we individually committed to using three less rolls per household per year, we could collectively save 120,000 tons of waste and $4.1 million in landfill dumping fees.
About the Artisan:
Founder Kerry Farris has 20 years of experience in the home textiles industry and all her products are based on her vast knowledge base and training. She is thrilled to finally be able to bring the best products directly to consumers, and she has added joyful prints to make the most mundane bring a little fun and happiness into your home.
Once Again Home